Waste ink counter overflow is a common problem on Epson and Canon printers. This error originated from a part in Epson and Canon printers called Waste ink counter.
What is Waste ink counter? Inside the Epson or Canon printer has some waste ink pads. Waste ink pad collects waste ink from Print Head during printing. The printer is designed to calculate the amount of waste ink flow in the waste ink pad and Waste ink counter is the memory of printer keeps this number inside.
What is Epson and Canon printer Waste ink counter overflow?
Here is some information to help you detect Waste ink counter overflow error on Epson and Canon printers
What is Epson printer Waste ink counter overflow error?
Ink and paper lights blinking alternately means that your internal “waste ink pads” are full and need resetting/cleaning out.
Check your Epson Status Monitor (on PC) for any error messages – if it says “service required” or “…end of service life” then it’s the waste pads.
You’ll need to reset the internal counter using WIC Reset tool (a reset key can be had very cheaply).
Then you’ll need to either:
1. Clean or replace the internal pads (usually just a case of removing one or two screws on the recent Epsons)
2. Extend a piece of tubing out of the printer and directing all waste ink to an external container, such as a bottle or tub.
When the Epson printer has an Waste Ink Counter overflow error, it usually has the following error message:
1. The printer’s red light blinking alternative
2. Lhe LCD screen will give an error: “The Printer’s Ink Pads at the end of Their service life. Please contact Epson Support”, if the printer has an LCD screen.
3. Message “A printer’s ink pad is at the end of its service life. Please contact Epson Support” show on computer.
What is Canon printer Waste ink counter overflow 5B00 error?
Canon 5B00 error is Waste ink counter overflow error, you can see some messages:
1. The printer’s led light: Green Led (power button light) and orange led are blinking seven times.
2. When you View Printer Status in Maintenance tab, you can see error – Support Code: 5B00
How to fix Canon and Epson printer’s Waste ink counter overflow error
– Video how to fix Epson Waste ink counter overflow error:
– Video how to fix Canon Support Code 5B00 error: